A day in the life of Autism

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A day off but not really..

Brandon is my son from a previous marriage so he goes to his dad's for the weekend with his sister every now and then. Not to often since my ex doesn't have the appropriate facilities to manage them nor the time. I don't push the issue as I worry ALOT while they are gone. Will Brandon get his meds??(I have had to call DHS a couple of time to force the issue) Will he properly supervise them.(He has left them with neighbors while he had something to do....Meanwhile one of them gets attacked by a dog and the older one gets bit trying to defend Brandon. I found out when bathing her that night and found huge bruises from the dog bites.) Are they getting fed?? Is Brandon getting enough attention or will he act out when he gets home because of the inattention all weekend from his dad? If they are at the grandparents I don't worry as much but they don't agree with my methods, they think I am just medicating him and should be using dietary means...Whatever. I am trying to make sure that Brandon is able to function as normally as possible and not treated as a freak because he can't eat fruit rollups like all the other kids, he can only eat tofu.. Like I said whatever. If it makes Brandon feel normal and he is able to function in this world just like everyone else I am for it. So like I said while he is at the ex's I am having a day off but I worry, I pray, and I put it in God's hand and keep tabs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home