A day in the life of Autism

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The OCD part of it....

Brandon also has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder that really hampers him. He has totally bitten off one fingernail, which really grosses me out and he says it hurts. I guess it does but he can't stop. He is on medication for this, I think we need to go back to the doctor. I don't pick up on half the stuff I am sure he is ruled by. The stuff that he is ruled by makes it hard for him to function. We try to help in any way we can to work through what is going on but it is frustrating sometimes. I hope we can get him back in line before school starts. The worst thing about Brandon's OCD is that he gets so mad when we do not let him go through with whatever he is needing to do or go. As a Mom you wish you could take some of the anxiety away and help him conquer this but I guess this is one that we can help with medication but like autism he will have to deal with for the rest of his life... I guess that's what Mom's are for just to help to try to make it better. Try being the operative word here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home