A day in the life of Autism

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Different thoughts on funerals..

Been gone for a while, my grandmother died this weekend. We had a wild trip out of town. I thought it would really throw Brandon out of whack but he really did well. A few thoughts on the weekend from watching him deal with all this. 1. He went up to the coffin and laid his head down and I asked him what he was thinking. He said, "I'll really miss her." The funny thing about this is that she has had altzheimers and has not been around for a while. I asked why he said that and he said that is what you say. I guess he knows that there is a proper response to a funeral. 2. He asked what we were doing when we went to the gravesite and I said we were going to bury "Mom"(we called her Mom). His response was "Can we help? I forgot my shovel!!" Well, after I stopped laughing(Not out loud, as not to hurt him) I explained that there were people there to do that and we were just going to go say prayers for her. He seemed really put out..

I love my Brandon....Things are never boring, and there is ALWAYS a fresh perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home