A day in the life of Autism

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Creative side...

The most interesting thing is looking at his drawings... I love to figure out all the stuff he puts in his pictures. Like the one he drew of Robert and the X-box. He drew the X-box and Dad and all the cords, the table and the TV. The boxes and pictures on the boxes. Most kids would miss that but not him. It amazes me. I have one on him and his hampster cage and the fish tank behind it. He doesn't miss much. I figure I should get him in a drawing or art class but sometimes just getting through the day is a challenge so extras are at a minimum right now. With a little more maturity under his belt we will see. We do let him draw on every extra piece of paper he can get his hands on, and I keep extra pens and paper in my purse just for that need. But we do work with playdough and all kinds of stuff just to keep the creative side flowing... Who know maybe some day it will payoff.... My brother works with alot of autistic adults who code for him. He has to remind them to eat and go home. He said they were the best coders he had. He said give Brandon some time and he will work with him on the computer stuff... hmmmm Bill Gates here we come??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home