A day in the life of Autism

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The funny things..

My mother in law reminded me about a time when I thought my son was having seizures. I had asked his doctor about this and was really scared. When I would looked at him he would stop and be blinking over and over and over. I though he was having some kind of seizure. He didn't look like he was suffering or get tired. He would just have this look and blink. My boyfriend (now my husband)came over one night and saw him doing this and said his name. He stopped and looked at him. My boyfriend then started blinking his eyes just like him and Brandon got really excited and blinked back. Well from the start, you can't stop a seizure by saying his name. What Brandon had discovered was how to blink and that he could control it. He also learned that he could communicate. I can still see him blink...blink....blink...

Yes this is just one of the things that Brandon would do that when I look back now, I laugh. Then I was just trying to fix whatever was wrong. Little did I know........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home