A day in the life of Autism

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Getting through the school year

We'll I never thought this year would be easy, and I am knocking on wood... but While he's not having a perfect year, he has not hit anyone in at least 6 weeks!! Yea!! Yes, it's sad to celebrate the fact that your child hasn't hit a teacher in 6 weeks but it's the small victories that matter. I spend every night working on homework, I work during the day, we hit gymnastics, and tae Quan Do. The fun never stops. I had spent so much time not attending after school activites due to Brandon's Autism. I finally decided that it might do him some good. The hard part is telling where we are going. Several times..
Another Point... Brandon has a new assistant that is helping him. Mrs. Pope. Brandon cried and argued for the first few days because he missed Mrs. Hale. He decided he wanted to be called "B" instead of Brandon. I called his teacher to make sure she knew he was mad at Mr. Guinane(the principal) because he moved Mrs. Hale. I'm sure that would go over well for him to attack the principal out of the blue. He finally admitted he like Mrs. Pope.. I just know that it is just like Brandon to hold on to something then remember that he's mad and jump on Mr.Guinane. I'll keep you updated....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home